Venison, Garlic, and Spinach Pizza is a heavenly aromatic pizza, unlike any you’ve ever had. How do I know this? Well, because it’s a creation of Deer Recipes. It is pure garlicky goodness with perfectly seasoned venison, spinach, and gooey mozzarella cheese.
This is so garlicky it will scare away even the most fearsome vampire. It has a butter garlic sauce on the entire crust–not just the edges, and the venison is soaked in a garlic and herb marinade–I wonder if I should add more garlic???
No, because it has the perfect amount–just enough to give it a good garlic flavor, but not so garlicky it will melt your taste buds off and make people roll their eyes in the back of their head when they catch a whiff of your breath.
This makes two heavenly 12″ pizzas and the serving size is 2 slices–two slices of pizza with only 450 calories! Can you believe that?
Oh, my goodness…just look at it. You can see the golden buttery garlic on the crust and fried venison and spinach peeping out from the mozzarella cheese. Lawdy, lawdy!
Feel free to print our recipe card:
Cut each pizza into eight slices. It goes great with a salad. It’s great as leftovers, too, but don’t heat it in the microwave. This will make it soggy. Instead, heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and cover it with a lid for about five minutes. If you’re at work and have no other choice, place a couple of paper towels under the pizza to help soak up any moisture and heat it for 20 seconds at a time.
This is simply irresistible!
The good, the bad and the delicious…
- Venison, Garlic, and Spinach Pizza is low in sugar, has no cholesterol, very high in protein, vitamin A, and calcium.
- It also might be too high in sodium for those of you on a low-sodium diet.
See tips below for making this a more diet-friendly recipe.
Venison, Garlic, and Spinach Pizza
|Yields: 2 Pizzas||Serving: 2 Slices|
|Calories 450||Calories from fat: 22|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11 g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 1 g||6%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Trans Fat 0.0 g|
|Cholesterol 1 mg||0%|
|Sodium 1286 mg||54%|
|Potassium 390 mg||11%|
|Total Carbohydrates 46 g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||7%|
|Sugars 4 g|
|Protein 44 g||88%|
|Vitamin A 63%||Vitamin C 14%|
|Calcium 53%||Iron 5%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA, but were calculated by MyFitnessPal, Inc. by Under Armour, Inc.
To make this recipe more diet-friendly…
- The mozzarella cheese and the dough contain the most sodium, so to lower the sodium, look for low-sodium mozzarella cheese. You could also use less cheese. For the crust, use a lower sodium dough mix or use pita bread instead.
- Eat one piece instead of the serving size and throw in a salad–yum!
- Whatever changes you make to your Venison, Garlic, and Spinach Pizza you can recalculate the nutrition facts at myfitnesspal.com or many other places online.