Everyone has had sausage balls at least once but have you ever had deer sausage balls? They are my absolute favorite deer sausage recipe.
Have you noticed that I say every recipe is my favorite? They’re all good and it’s very difficult to pick a favorite, so they are ALL my favorite.
Hi, my name is Amanda and I’m a deer meataholic and here’s my Four Cheese Deer Sausage Balls recipe. Enjoy!
Feel free to print our recipe card:
Deer meat gets done much quicker than beef, so please don’t overcook them. Not to toot my own horn, but these turned out perfect!
Can you see why I am a deer meataholic? They go great with just about anything, but I like fresh veggies of any kind with mine.
The good, the bad and the delicious…
- Four Cheese Deer Sausage Balls are low in sugar and have protein, potassium, calcium, iron and vitamin A.
- They are also high in calories, fat, cholesterol, and sodium.
See tips below for making this a more diet-friendly recipe.
Four Cheese Deer Sausage Balls
|Yields: About 24 Sausage Balls – serves 6||Serving Size: 4 Sausage Balls|
|Calories 793||Calories from fat: 50%|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 44 g||67%|
|Saturated Fat 21 g||105%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Trans Fat 1 g|
|Cholesterol 205 mg||68%|
|Sodium 1744 mg||73%|
|Potassium 953 mg||27%|
|Total Carbohydrates 40 g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 4 g||15%|
|Sugars 3 g|
|Protein 52 g||103%|
|Vitamin A 11%||Vitamin C 1%|
|Calcium 22%||Iron 34%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA, but were calculated by MyFitnessPal, Inc. by Under Armour, Inc.
To make this recipe more diet-friendly…
- This recipe should really be a cheat day recipe. It is very difficult to make this more diet friendly. We have high calories, fat, cholesterol, and sodium, but let’s try this anyway.
- If at all possible, use very little fat and pork sausage in your venison sausage. This will help lower basically everything that’s bad.
- Use low-fat cheeses, and even though it would break my heart, you could omit a cheese or two. This would cut out a lot of fat.
- Whatever changes you make to your Four Cheese Deer Sausage Balls, you can recalculate the nutrition facts at myfitnesspal.com
If you would like to make your own Bisquick baking mix here’s the recipe. This is for a whole batch, but you’ll only need to use 1 cup for the Four Cheese Deer Sausage Balls.
Homemade Baking Mix Ingredients:
- 5 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tbsp. of baking powder
- 2 tsp of table salt
- 1 cup of shortening
Homemade Baking Mix Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and cut the shortening up into the dry ingredients with a dough cutter or fork until it all blends and looks like very fine crumbs. Keep the baking mix in an airtight container.
This baking mix recipe is great for making homemade biscuits, pancakes, cakes, etc…