Fried ground venison burger with onions and green bell peppers smothered in cream of mushroom soup and topped with golden brown tater tots and cheddar cheese.
Deer Tater Tot Casserole is one of our favorite meals. It’s a very hearty and filling meal that your whole family will love and it’s super easy to make! It makes for great leftovers the next day too.
Feel free to print our recipe card:
See, I told you Deer Tater Tot Casserole was super easy to fix!
This is a meal in one–you don’t really need any sides, but if you insist, a nice salad or steamed veggies would compliment this dish.
Please watch and share our video…
The good, the bad and the delicious…
- Deer Tater Tot Casserole is low in sugar, carbs and high in vitamin C, iron and protein.
- This recipe is a little high in fat and cholesterol.
See my tips below for making this a more diet-friendly recipe.
Deer Tater Tot Casserole Nutrition Facts
|Yields: 8 Pieces||Serving Size: 1 Piece|
|Calories 329||Calories from fat: 44|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 16 g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 7 g||36%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 127 mg||42%|
|Sodium 366 mg||15%|
|Total Carbohydrates 13 g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||6%|
|Sugars 3 g|
|Protein 34 g||68%|
|Vitamin A 10%||Vitamin C 57%|
|Calcium 21%||Iron 23%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA, but were calculated by MyFitnessPal, Inc. by Under Armour, Inc.
To make this recipe more diet-friendly…
- To help lower the cholesterol and fat use less fat in your ground venison burger. This recipe was calculated using 80/20 ground venison burger because that’s what most hunters use. If your burger has less fat this recipe will also have less fat and cholesterol. You can use ground venison that has no fat added and it will be just as delicious!
- To help lower the fat, even further, use a low-fat cheese and/or use less cheese, a reduced fat cream of mushroom soup and a low-fat milk. I like to use almond milk. This will also lower the calories.
- If needed, to help lower the sodium use a low sodium cream of mushroom soup and omit any added salt.
- Whatever changes you make to your Deer Tater Tot Casserole, you can recalculate the nutrition facts at myfitnesspal.com