Our Deer Shepherd’s Pie recipe is so good it will make your tongue smack your lips. Get ready to loosen your belt buckle!
This is one recipe you’ll make over and over. It’s a family staple and it’s so easy to make. This recipe serves eight so you could make it smaller if needed. With my big family, this size is just right.
Feel free to print our recipe card:
This goes great with rolls or biscuits and maybe a side salad. It’s great as leftovers too! Yum Yum!
Some people like it best without the cheese. It cuts calories if you leave the cheese off. I am one of those people, so I make two dishes and fix one without the cheese or you can do half with cheese and a half without cheese. Either way, your family, and friends will love this Deer Shepherd’s Pie recipe.
The good, the bad and the delicious…
- The Deer Shepherd’s Pie has lots of protein, vitamin C, calcium, and iron.
- It is also very high in calories and sodium and high in cholesterol, especially for those that are on a strict diet.
See tips below for making this a more diet-friendly recipe.
Deer Shepherd’s Pie Nutrition Facts
|Yields: 8 Pieces||Serving Size: 1 Piece|
|Calories 660||Calories from fat: 34%|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 25 g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 10 g||48%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 3 g|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Cholesterol 105 mg||35%|
|Sodium 2724 mg||113%|
|Potassium 456 mg
|Total Carbohydrates 73 g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 6 g||25%|
|Sugars 8 g|
|Protein 34 g|
|Vitamin A 11%||Vitamin C 20%|
|Calcium 20%||Iron 25%|
To make this dish more diet-friendly…
- To help lower the cholesterol and fat you could use less fat in your ground venison burger. This recipe was calculated using 80/20 ground venison burger. You could also use low-fat cream of celery and cream of chicken soup and low-fat cheese. You could also omit the cheese altogether.
- To help lower the sodium you could use homemade mashed potatoes and use a salt alternative. You could make your own cream of celery and cream of chicken soup or use a low sodium brand.
- Doing all of the above will also help lower the calories.
- Whatever changes you make to your Deer Shepherd’s Pie, you can recalculate the nutrition facts at myfitnesspal.com