Creamy Macaroni and Sausage is my favorite meal to make. I guess it’s because it’s so easy to make, doesn’t need a lot of ingredients, and it only takes 25 minutes.
Don’t be fooled by the word “creamy” in the title though because it doesn’t contain milk, cream, or ingredients such as that, but trust me, it’s definitely creamy!
I use to take this to work in my thermos bottle. Everyone would say, “What’s that smell?” and “Ummm, something smells so good” and of course they’d snarl their noses when I told them it was venison–the wussies. 😛
Feel free to print our recipe card:
Dip some into a bowl and sprinkle it with Parmesan cheese and start smacking your lips. It goes well with garlic bread. Yummy!
The good, the bad and the delicious…
- Creamy Macaroni and Sausage is high in protein, fiber, potassium, and iron.
- It’s also high in calories, fat, cholesterol, and sodium.
See tips below for making this a more diet-friendly recipe.
Creamy Macaroni and Sausage
|Yields: 3.25 Quarts||Serving Size: 1 5/8 Cups (13 oz.)|
|Calories 578||Calories from fat: 37%|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 24 g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 10 g||50%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 169 mg||56%|
|Sodium 1253 mg||52%|
|Potassium 1299 mg||37%|
|Total Carbohydrates 36 g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 6 g||22%|
|Sugars 8 g|
|Protein 53 g||106%|
|Vitamin A 17%||Vitamin C 16%|
|Calcium 5%||Iron 40%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA, but were calculated by MyFitnessPal, Inc. by Under Armour, Inc.
To make this recipe more diet-friendly…
- To help lower the cholesterol and fat you could use less fat and/or pork in your ground venison sausage.
- To help lower the sodium use a salt alternative for the added salt in the recipe or leave it out and use tomatoes without any added salt.
- To help lower the calories, the majority of calories are coming from the pasta and the sausage so you could maybe use half of the amount of sausage and use healthier pasta.
- Whatever changes you make to your Creamy Macaroni and Sausage, you can recalculate the nutrition facts at myfitnesspal.com