Do you like BBQ pork sandwiches? I’m guessing your mouth watered from reading that question. I know mine did. Have you ever had BBQ deer sandwiches? Most people haven’t so don’t feel bad.
If I know my readers, and I do, your mouth is still watering. Am I right? Yep, I thought so. Now that I have your mouth watering, you have got to try my Bambi Crock-Pot BBQ Sandwich recipe. I promise you’ll love it!
Feel free to print our recipe card:
Tip: Do not pour all of the BBQ sauce in at once. Try half of the sauce and then add little by little until you have the right amount of saturation. You don’t want too much sauce because it will soak your bread and you don’t want too little because it will not have enough flavor. You might also want to try toasting your buns for a little extra crunch.
This goes great with a handful of chips or just like it is. It’s even better the next day. It holds up well if you decide to freeze your leftovers, too. Just be sure to use a FoodSaver® or a good quality freezer bag.
Bambi Crock-Pot BBQ Sandwiches are great for family get-togethers, parties, or celebrations! Check out our other great sandwiches by browsing the “On a Bun” category.
The good, the bad and the delicious…
- The Bambi Crock-Pot BBQ Sandwich is low in calories and high in protein and calcium.
- It might be too high in fat, cholesterol, sodium, and sugar.
See tips below for making this a more diet-friendly recipe.
The nutritional facts below for our Bambi Crock-Pot BBQ Sandwich include only the venison BBQ and the bun–NOT the coleslaw as seen in the picture. This recipe makes about 12 BBQ sandwiches with 7 Tbsp. of BBQ meat per sandwich.
Bambi Crock-Pot BBQ Sandwich
|Yields: 12 Sandwiches||Serving Size: 1 Sandwich|
|Calories 380||Calories from fat: 31%|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 13 g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 6 g||32%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 147 mg||49%|
|Sodium 538 mg||22%|
|Potassium 455 mg||13%|
|Total Carbohydrates 34 g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||9%|
|Sugars 12 g|
|Protein 32 g||65%|
|Vitamin A 5%||Vitamin C 6%|
|Calcium 20%||Iron 14%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA, but were calculated by MyFitnessPal, Inc. by Under Armour, Inc.
To make this recipe more diet-friendly…
Anything you do to this recipe will alter the delicious tastes, but if you insist here are some tips.
- To help lower the cholesterol you could eat less of the meat. Venison is healthy because it is all natural, however, if you struggle with your cholesterol you might want to cut back a little on the meat.
- To help lower cholesterol, fat, and sodium omit the butter used to make the BBQ sauce and use a butter alternative instead.
- To further lower the sodium use low sodium Worcestershire sauce and mustard, and omit any added salt in the recipe.
- To help lower the sugar, you can use a brown sugar alternative such as Splenda Brown Sugar Blend. You could also use less sauce on your sandwich–Reserve a portion of the meat and the BBQ sauce to the side. Make your sandwich and drizzle about 1 tsp. of sauce over it.
- Whatever changes you make to your Bambi Crock-Pot BBQ Sandwiches, you can recalculate the nutrition facts at myfitnesspal.com