One of my family’s favorite meals is Spicy Venison Meatballs with our homemade Spicy Venison Meatball Sauce or as my son’s call this recipe–“deer balls.” Yeah, we are a weird bunch.
Please keep in mind, the bigger the balls, the longer you will need to keep them in the oven, so if your balls are big it’s going to take longer than 30 minutes 😉
This is great with fried taters (potatoes), corn on the cob, and big ol cat-head biscuits. These meatballs are also great to make for party appetizers. Just make them small since they are appetizers and not the main course.
Please take a look at our Spicy Venison Meatballs slideshow…
The good, the bad and the delicious…
- Spicy Venison Meatballs are low in saturated fat, high in manganese, and very high in vitamin C.
- They are also very high in sodium and sugar.
The nutrition facts below include the Spicy Venison Meatballs and the Spicy Venison Meatball Sauce.
Spicy Venison Meatballs Nutrition Facts
Nutrition Grade: B-
|Yields: 16 Meatballs||Serving Size: 4 Meatballs|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3.5g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbohydrates 28.2g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||22%|
|Vitamin A 8%|
|Vitamin C 157%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
To make this recipe more diet-friendly…
- Omit half of the soy sauce and half of the chili sauce, which will drop the sodium level by 1180mg, which is 49% DV instead of 104%.
- OR you could replace all of the chili sauce with plain tomato sauce, and completely omit the soy sauce, which would drop the sodium to 446mg and 19% DV.
- Take note, this will change the intended flavor.
- These two changes would raise the Nutrition Grade to A-
Spicy Venison Meatballs hold up well if frozen as well. So if you have any leftovers, who am I kidding–you are NOT going to have leftovers, but if for some odd reason you do, pop them in the freezer for a quick meal later. Just be sure to use a FoodSaver or a good quality brand of freezer bags so they don’t become freezer burned. Enjoy!