Easy Venison and Rice is a quick simple meal made up of fried ground venison, onions, garlic, carrots, potatoes, and rice and then lightly doused with soy sauce.
This recipe can be a side dish or the main course. I love it with a big pot of slow cooked pinto beans and cornbread. My kids love it with homemade macaroni and cheese and of course a big ole fat homemade cat head biscuit (no actual cats included).
Feel free to print our recipe card:
The good, the bad and the delicious…
- Easy Venison and Rice is very low in fat and sugar and is high in protein, fiber, and vitamin A.
- It’s also sort of high in cholesterol, sodium, and carbs.
See my tips below for making this a more diet-friendly recipe.
Easy Venison and Rice Nutrition Facts
|Serves: 6||Serving: 1.5 cups|
|Calories 504||Calories from fat >1|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5 g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 0 g||0%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 169 mg||56%|
|Sodium 506 mg||21%|
|Potassium 159 mg||5%|
|Total Carbohydrates 57 g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 4 g||18%|
|Sugars 4 g|
|Protein 50 g||99%|
|Calcium 2%||Vitamin A 143%|
|Iron 2%||Vitamin C 4%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA, but were calculated by MyFitnessPal, Inc. by Under Armour, Inc.
To make this recipe more diet-friendly…
- To help lower the sodium use a low sodium soy sauce or omit it. I have left it out in the past because I didn’t realize I had run out and I liked it even better, but my family likes it best with soy sauce.
- To help lower the cholesterol use less fat in your ground venison burger. This recipe was calculated using 80/20 ground venison burger because that’s what most hunters use. If yours has less fat added to it it will have less cholesterol and if it doesn’t have any fat this recipe will have zero cholesterol.
- To help lower the carbs use fewer carrots and potatoes.
- You can also eat less than the serving, 1.5 cups. Venison is very filling, so 1 cup is usually enough for me.
- Whatever changes you make to your Easy Venison and Rice, you can recalculate the nutrition facts at myfitnesspal.com
Bon Appétit 🍴
Venison and rice are always good together!
Check out our other venison and rice recipes: